Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Tendencies of God- Who is Predestined to Enter the Kingdom?

pic from http://www.handsandheart.ca/
Over the last couple of years, I was doing a great deal of Care-giving at home. Many times, it not only meant leaving my comfort, it meant leaving something I needed for regular life- finances, doing work that would ruin my health, emotional drain, etc.
And I got to thinking sub-consciously that there is now more damage than I can ever undo. What benefit, Lord?
 --------

Christ speaks of Pre-destination in Matt 25 (read verses below).
Who is Pre-destined?
The most common answer to the question is "the Blessed are predestined" v34
But then we go on to v.35 and the now the definition of "blessed" changes.
v.34-37
The Lord says
"-you gave me- you invited me in- you visited me- you came to me-"

'Blessed' in the Lord's terminology (and He is always right) is not "I give to you" but "you gave to me"

The simplicity of being called Blessed is merely this-
to reach out to those in need. To take the effort to make a difference.

The righteous didn't understand it either- v.36 "Lord, when did we bless You?"

v.40 and the Lord replies, whenever you did it for My brothers (those I call my family)  - You did it to Me.
----------------
All of us, at any point of time, have the possibility in us, to give to someone in need- not everyone needs your money-but your time, a kind word, a genuine gesture of understanding
----------------
Do it for Christ.
Encourage another friend, help someone as they struggle in the path of love.
Bless the Lord through them.
And He will turn around and call you blessed.
He will turn around and Pre-destine you.
God will turn around for you.


Matt 25
34"Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
35For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 
36naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.' 
37"Then the righteous will answer Him, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink?…
39'When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' 40"The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Was that Helpful, Useful, Entertaining? or anything else? TALK to me. And btw, connect to us on Facebook.