Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Handmade Stone containers for Natural Perfumes

I'm infusing oils for a reason. They are going to be part of Solid Natural Perfumes-
I already got handmade containers for them!

These 2 are polished soapstone inlaid with semi-precious (or atleast more precious) stone work. Hinged. The one to the left can contain about 2-3 oz of perfume.
The one on the right may contain 8oz.


This kind of stone inlay work is made famous by similar work in the interiors of the Taj Mahal.
These containers are also made by artisans from the same area





This pretty one is also handmade and embellished. The metal is an alloy of many base metals together. I'm going to check how it suits the high concentration of absolutes and essential oils I'm going to put in it.\
The one that stayed in the shop
These boxes are "bidri" Silver filigree work on a base metal.
This small heart shaped one can carry maybe a 1/2 to 1 oz.
About 15$, too much for a little package, I thought.
Maybe once I start perfuming I'll change my mind.

2 comments:

  1. The containers sounds awesome! Brilliant idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Body Lotions.
    I think we should all find ways to support available handmade products.

    ReplyDelete

Was that Helpful, Useful, Entertaining? or anything else? TALK to me. And btw, connect to us on Facebook.